Saturday 29 October 2016

Another Homecoming


Round and round, around and around, up and about. And the winter, now gone, has left me with harsh reminders of the beauty of the winter that is now gone. And while spring now is here, I look at the beauty of the Earth, the colored images of the atmosphere and the smiles of the skies. And I remember the beauty I now see and I also remember the beauty I missed- the cold whites of the winter now gone. And I remember the faces of the newborn flowers I’ll now see, happy to be rid of the nuts and bolts of autumn and her close friend. The nostalgia remains afterwards. You’ll wish you went right on painting the mountains and the valleys during the winter. Or that you at least went out bowling with Santa. Winter has its fine points. Madagascar penguins are good witnesses.
And perhaps now that the Eastern sun is pressing its fresh, noble gaze on us, we will bask in its glory and once again sing our songs of night. Another Nite of Sine perhaps.
It is a privilege to be the son who came home, to be the one who returned after the years of wandering. New beginnings aren’t worse off than old beginnings. It is a privilege and a blessing to start all over again. The one who comes back won't be turned away. He won't.
Some things we can never leave. Some things can never leave us. Divorce is a myth invented by ancient aliens who never existed. We love those things like they love us, from that place deeper than the cleft in the bottoms of our heart of hearts. Life is quite simple. Don't keep wandering. Just go home. And home is that place where the heart belongs. Follow your heart. It'll lead you home. It is good to be back. I sincerely hope I have been missed, as I have missed you all…

No comments:

Post a Comment